We have been given the task of looking at the Western Sydney University App and map the UX and UI to better understand how the app works.
What is included in the App?
- Maps, Directory, Events, Emergency, VUWS, MyIt, Students, Central, Shuttle, Library, Help, Services, Wellbeing, Careers, Gradlife, Videos, News, Residences, Books, Social, Food, Summer, Clubs, Sport
- These apps have been organized from “most used” on the first page, to “least used” on the second page. No categories have been made.
Site Flow Example:
- App > Selected Icon > Chrome page
User Experience (UI) Flow
I will be looking at a scenario where a student needs to find out where the university buses are at the Parramatta North campus.
User Interface (UI)
- Is the app easy to use? – The western app is fairly simple, with only 2 pages with icons to use.
- Does it match the university’s brand image? – Yes. The app has the university logo and colour scheme.
- What improvements could be made? – Its a hassle to constantly change your university password. IT would be great if there was a way to do this through the app. The different pages on the app are not clearly visible or accessed.